Built in 1884, the Main Building of the Center is a former synagogue and church listed in the New Jersey Register of Historic Places. The Conservancy purchased the building in 1995, after a small group of preservationists rescued it from impending demolition, and subsequently performed major renovations to both the exterior and interior of the building. The first phase of construction, which includes three classrooms and a teaching kitchen, along with additional program space is currently being used for workshops, kitchen demos, conferences, and more. As other renovations are completed, we will be able to offer more programs and community activities.
Visit our website often to find out about new program offerings and progress on the remaining construction.
For a timeline and history of the Main Building click here.